Research and Teaching on Medieval Iberian and Sephardic Culture
- Nov 15-16: “Translation of Remains and Translation of Texts: Symbolic Capital in Caballero Zifar.” Translation and Mediterranean Culture. Mediterranean Seminar, UC Multicampus Research Program. Berkeley, CA.
- Jan 9-12, 2014: “The task of the Trasladador: Zifar as translation allegory.” 129th Annual Modern Languages Association Convention. Chicago, IL.
- Feb 24-25, 2014: “El Libro del Cavallero Zífar: Arabic Sources or Arabic as source of legitimacy?” Tales that Travel Conference. NYU Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Apr 23-26, 2014: “Rethinking Medieval European Literature,” Center for Medieval Literature (SDU) Interfaces Working Group, Fondation des Treilles, France.
- Apr 10-12, 2014: “Romance, Conversion, and Internal Orientalism in Cronica de Flores y Blancaflor.” Medieval Academy and Medieval Association of the Pacific. Los Angeles, CA.