- June 13, 2013: “Chivalric Romance in the Key of Diaspora: Jacob ben Elazar’s ‘Sahar and Kima’ (13th c.) and Jacob Algaba’s Hebrew Amadís de Gaula (16th c.).” Center for Medieval Literature, Southern Denmark University. [poster]
- Oct 10-12, 2013: “El Libro del Cavallero Zífar: Performing ‘Spanishness’ in the Mediterranean Context.” 67th Annual Rocky Mountain Modern Language Association Convention. Vancouver, WA.
- Nov 15-16: “Translation of Remains and Translation of Texts: Symbolic Capital in Caballero Zifar.” Translation and Mediterranean Culture. Mediterranean Seminar, UC Multicampus Research Program. Berkeley, CA.
- Jan 9-12, 2014: “The task of the Trasladador: Zifar as translation allegory.” 129th Annual Modern Languages Association Convention. Chicago, IL.
- Feb 24-25, 2014: “El Libro del Cavallero Zífar: Arabic Sources or Arabic as source of legitimacy?” Tales that Travel. NYU Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
- Apr 10-12, 2014: Medieval Academy and Medieval Association of the Pacific. Los Angeles, CA.
- Translation in Diaspora: Historia de las Indias in Hebrew
- Sephardic Literature after Las Navas de Tolosa: The Romance Turn in Jacob ben Elazar’s “Sahar and Kima”
- Out of Diaspora: Sephardic Settlement in 16th-century Palestine
- Translation in Diaspora: the Hebrew Amadís de Gaula
- Reading Amadís in Istanbul
- Ethnic Polemic in Medieval Spain: Arabiyya, Shu’ubiyya, and Ibraniyya
- Rethinking the survey course (Peninsular Spanish Literature 1100-1600)
- Narratology + Film adaptations = Introduction to Narrative (Spanish 333)
- Does graduate coursework in literature prepare students for professional academic literary criticism?
- Hebrew Bible: Intertextuality in Spanish-Hebrew Literature
1492 Abbasi Program in Islamic Studies Abraham ibn Ezra adaptación cinematográfica Airas Nunes al-Andalus al-Farra' Al-Harizi al-Rustami Alfonso X Amadís de Gaula Amparo Cecilia Alba Américo Castro Andalusi Andalusi Hebrew Poetry Aquitaine William IX of Aquitaine Aristotelianism Arms and Letters Arms vs. Letters Averroes Bonifacio Calvo Chivalric Novel Conde Lucanor Constantinople convivencia courtly love diaspora diasporic literature Garci Rodríguez de Montalvo Jacob Algaba Jacob Ben Elazar Jacob Ben Eleazar Judah Al-Harizi Medieval Hebrew Literature Medieval Hebrew Poetry medieval Spanish literature Oregon Humanities Center Peire Cardenal Sephardic Sephardic Literature Solomon Ibn Verga teaching spanish literature Todros Abulafia troubadour poetry troubadours
This work by David A. Wacks is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at davidwacks.uoregon.edu.